Ground Floor Apartment

Ground Floor Apartment
Click the image for details on how to rent my beautiful apartment in Mtwapa Creek, Kenya

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Safaris from Mtwapa, Kenya

There are many options for doing Safari trips from Mtwapa.  The first safari I did was in 2005 with my daughter Claire . We stayed at Mtwapa and flew to Tsavo East and then went on from there to the Masai Mara.

What a fantastic awe inspiring experience that was.  Flying over the red landscape in a small plane quite low down was amazing . Staying in lodges and seeing animals close up is heart stopping.

This was the lodge at Tsavo East

This was the lodge at Mara Camp in the Masai Mara - twin room with bathroom.

There is always something to see and animals in abundance as you will see below just a selection of the hundreds of photographs we took on that first trip








You have to be prepared to get up early for the best game drives and after a few 5 am starts you realise that going to bed early is an absolute must!!!

Safaris are easy to book from numerous agents and companies in the Mtwapa area and vary in prices depending on the time of year and how many days you want to go for.

Keep following my blog for more updates on Safaris

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, this must be a great experience! I love safaris and staying in the middle of the field or the jungle is like living the dream! I always want to be right there in the center of the place I´m travelling to. ast year I went to Argentina, and I wanted the apartment rental in Buenos Aires was in downtown to enjoy the city in every way.
    Loved it!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete